Quick Blog Facts
100 reviews 5,000+ views 1, 500+ visitors 77 total followers 200+ likes 100+ comments Honored at the Henrico 21 ceremony in 2014
Why I started this blog: If you’ve read any of my reviews, you know that I love to read. For me, there’s nothing better than being engrossed in a good book. However, sometimes a good book is hard to find. Many reviews online tend to lean towards the extremes and are commonly misleading in terms of the plot or characters. Because of this, I strive to write insightful and candid reviews for Young Adult readers looking for their next novel.
Favorite genre: Science Fiction
Favorite YA author: Marie Lu or J.K. Rowling
Favorite quote: “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” ― Dr. Seuss
Least favorite YA book: Ask Me No Questions by Marina Budhos
Favorite YA protagonist: Day Wing
Favorite YA antagonist: Artemis Fowl
Favorite YA movie adaptation: The Harry Potter Series
- I am an INTP according to the Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- When I grow up I aspire to be an architect
- My favorite subjects are social studies and english (my least favorite is math)
- In my free time, I enjoy tennis, filming short skits with friends, writing and of course, reading
- I was on the Teen Advisory Board at my local library for two years
- I’ve been apart of the International Baccalaureate program at my middle school
- I’ve participated in my school’s National Junior Honor Society and Forensics Team
- For three years I was on my middle school tennis team and this year I was captain
- I have made my school an official PBS Student Reporting Lab
If you have read some of my reviews, you will already know a bit about me. I am an avid reader and enjoy fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi, with a little bit of action every now and then. I personally am not always a fan of realistic fiction just because it can be a bit boring, and I am not a boring girl! I have been a thrill seeker since I have been young. I annually go to amusement parks and water parks, and occasionally enjoy other things such as zip-lining. As you can see, realistic fiction is not for me! My personality is a mix of INTP/INTJ. If you do not know what this is and what it entitles, click on the link or go to humanmetrics.com to find out. On this site and others like it, you can find out what type of personality you have and what your future career may look like which is a cool thing to know and reflect on.
Some more cool things about me are that I love science, plan to be a children’s doctor when I grow up, and play soccer and lacrosse! I agreed to help Rylan create this blog because I am inspired by books, and I want others to feel the same way. Hopefully, this blog will accomplish just that!